Feature 1: Product filter for re-ordered product list
Inventory module, purchase module
The low stock reorder feature allows streamlined reordering of stock that is running low, ensuring no sales are lost due to an item being out of stock. Our customers gave us feedback that the list of products for re-order can grow too long for suppliers with a large product catalog. In response, in this release the DEAR team has added a product filter to this screen.
- Go to Purchase → Reorder. A product will now be automatically shown in this list once the quantity drops below the Minimum Before Reorder quantity for either the location where it is stored, or for the organisation’s global minimum before reorder quantity.
- Select a Supplier. This displays a list of available products for reorder. Alternatively, click Select All to select all products needing reorder.
- Click the Products filter button to open up the filter window.
- Products can be filtered by product family, tag, category, brand OR filtered to show a single product.
- The condition for filter groups work is AND. This means that values selected in the filters are applied as AND. Inside the group the condition is OR
- For example, if the filters Product Family: Long-sleeved Shirts, T-shirts, Tag: New, and Category: Menswear are selected, Products belonging to the long-sleeved shirts family AND t-shirts family with tag: new and category: menswear will be shown.
- Select one or more products from the filtered list by checking the box next to it.
- Click Reorder.
- A new purchase order will be generated automatically for the reordered stock. Follow the link to go to the purchase order. Check the purchase order to see if the details are all correct.
- Authorise the order to be printed or emailed to the supplier to be fulfilled.
Feature 2: Stock Value Inventory Aging Report
Inventory module, Reports module
We received feedback from some of our customers that they would like to view stock value as stock quantities as well as inventory age, and have the option to see inventory age beyond the current limit of 180 days old.
With this release we have kept the Inventory Aging Report in its original format, but have added a new report: Stock Value Inventory Aging. This report shows a total of 7 aging buckets, but allows the user to select the length of the aging bucket interval. The report also shows the stock value alongside the stock quantity.
- Access the report by going to Report → Stock Value Inventory Aging.
- Select an aging bucket interval from the dropdown menu. Available aging intervals are:
- 30 days
- 60 days
- 90 days
- 120 days
- 150 days
- 180 days
- 210 days
- 230 days
- 270 days
- 300 days
- 330 days
- 360 days
Feature 3: Set the user creating the sale as sales rep by default
Sales module, Settings
A feature of how sales are processed in DEAR is that a sales rep is assigned to each sale. Some of our users do not connect sales or customers to a sales rep. They are obliged to search for themselves to add as a sales rep each time which is inconvenient and time-consuming. Other users have specific sales reps for each customer and need to retain this feature. With this release, we have added a new setting which allows the user creating the sale to be assigned as the sales rep by default. This can still be manually edited during the sale if required.
- Go to Settings → General Settings, and scroll down to Sales Process Customisation
- Enable/disable Default Sales Representative is user creating the sale
- The email of the user creating the sale is checked to see if it is a Sales contact for the company. If yes, it is selected as the Sales Rep for the sale order. If not, the first option alphabetically from the available options will be used.
Feature 4: WMS – Stock Lookup feature to view item/bin/location stock availabilities
While users were able to check stock availability via the DEAR web portal this feature was not available in the WMS application. Customer feedback requested that we add this functionality to the application. Users can use the new Stock Lookup feature to view stock availability data for all locations, all bins, and to find all instances of specific items.
- Active WMS application
- User must be online
- Please see documentation.
Feature 5: B2B Improvements
B2B portal, sales module
With this release we have implemented several small improvements to the B2B portal.
- Previously, sales representatives using the B2B portal were able to raise sales for all customers. Now we have implemented a setting to restrict sales reps to only customers that have been allocated to them.
- Items bought via the sales portal can have tax included or excluded from the price. The tax method was not displayed to customers, now this can be enabled/disabled via an optional setting.
- Our clients asked for the ability to attach files to sale orders placed via the B2B portal, for example to attach prescription information for a merchant which sells to pharmacies. This has now been implemented.
- Active B2B Portal
- Limit sales reps access to assigned customers only
- Sales rep can be allocated to a customer from the customer’s record (Sale → Customers → [select customer]).
- When inviting a new a new sales rep to the B2B portal (Integrations → DEAR B2B → [select portal] → Invitations tab, users can select All customers or Allocated customers only.
- Access Type can be changed from the Invitations tab of the B2B portal.
- Display tax inclusive or tax exclusive status of order items
- Access B2B settings by going to Integrations → DEAR B2B → [select portal] → General tab, then scroll down to Advanced Settings.
- Enable/disable Show tax method.
- Tax method will be displayed next to the product on the B2B portal catalog.
- Allow customers to attach files to their purchase orders
- Files can be attached to a purchase order from the Checkout page when confirming the order. This feature will be available when accessing B2B portal through a web browser.
- Click Add attachment to upload a file from your computer or device.
- Multiple files can be attached. The size limit of each file is </= 16MB.