Feature 1: Set invoice date to default to shipment date from sale process customisation settings
Sales module, Settings
Previously to this release, it is possible to set the invoice date of a sale to by default be filled with either the order or invoice is authorised in DEAR’s sales process customisation settings. With this release, DEAR has added the option to auto-fill the invoice date with the shipment date in response to a customer request. This means that the invoice and COGS will always align and avoids any GINR or GRNI discrepancies in your financial reports.
- Users will need the Your Company – General Settings permission to make changes.
- Go to Settings → General Settings → Sale process customisation
- Scroll down to Set invoice date, and select When shipment authorised from the dropdown menu.
- Save your changes.
- Invoice dates will now automatically take the shipment authorisation date, however can be changed manually by users if required during the sale.
General settings – Sale process customisation
Feature 2: Capture customer’s marketing consent from POS sale interface
Sales module, POS application
A key process for many in-store retail clients is the ability to capture a customer’s email and consent at the point of sale to then integrate with their CRM (HubSpot, MailChimp etc) for marketing communications.
With this release, DEAR POS allows customers to be marked as opted-in, opted-out or undecided to marketing communications. This option is presented whenever a new customer is added via the POS interface, can be edited by viewing existing customers through DEAR web portal, and can be specified when importing customer details via CSV in DEAR web portal. If a customer has multiple customer contacts, marketing consent can be edited for each contact individually.
- Users will need the Sale – Customers List & Editing position to make changes via DEAR web portal.
- Active POS integration
In DEAR POS:
- A new field Marketing consent has been added to Customer contacts in DEAR POS. You can edit this option when adding a new customer/editing an existing customer from the customers list in the main menu or when adding a customer to the sale from the sales register.
- If a customer has more than one contact and the customer to the sale using the contact details (email, phone number) of a specific customer contact, marketing consent option will only apply to that contact, not the customer as a whole.
- If a customer does not have any contacts, marketing consent field will not be shown.
Change marketing consent In DEAR web:
- Go to Sale → New Customer → Contacts OR Sale → Customers/Credits → [Select existing customer] → Contacts
- Under Marketing consent, select Unknown, Opt in, or Opt out
Import customers va CSV in DEAR web:
- Navigate to Sale → Customers.
- Click Import → Customers or Import → customer contacts and download the customer CSV template.
- Populate the template with the customer values, making sure the information matches the column headings. The column headings must not be changed for the import to work.
- Under the Marketing consent column, enter Unknown, Opt in, or Opt out.
- Save the CSV template.
- Browse your files for the populated CSV file and click Upload.
Using POS (Basics) – Customers
Feature 3: Scan function for gift cards in POS
With this release, the scan icon has been added to the gift card pop-up where previously the gift card number would be manually entered. This enables scanning with the camera of the mobile device to populate the gift card code and sell it faster.
- Active POS integration
- From the sales register, add a Gift card to your sale.
- Press the Scan barcode icon on the pop-up window to open your device camera. You may need to grant permission for DEAR to access the camera.
- Scan the gift card code to populate the field.
Feature 4: Advanced manufacturing module – New co-manufacturing procurement mode
Previously to this release, the Advanced Manufacturing module provided two procurement modes for co-manufacturing, when production is outsourced to a third-party:
- Sell components – Buy finished products: Select when components and semi-finished products listed in a co-manufacturing production operation are sold to the co-manufacturer. The finished or semi-finished product is then bought from the co-manufacturer. The co-manufacturer is the owner of the components, not the merchant, and the cost of the finished product does not include the cost of the components.
- Transfer components – Buy finished products: Select when components are transferred to co-manufacturer for production of a finished product. The merchant is the owner of the components, not the co-manufacturer, and the cost of the finished product includes the cost of the components.
These two modes work well for a merchant who possesses his or her own warehouse and shopfloor. However, if the merchant does not have these facilities this mode is unnecessarily complex.
With this release, DEAR has added a new co-manufacturing procurement mode designed for when production is fully outsourced and components are not stored in the merchant’s location – Purchase components – Buy finished products. Components can be drop-shipped from supplier to co-manufacturer but the merchant retains ownership of the components.
- Subscription to Advanced Manufacturing module required
- Users will need the Your Company – General Settings permission to make changes to the default mode.
Set default co-manufacturing procurement mode:
- Go to Settings → General Settings → Production process settings
- Under Co-manufacturing procurement mode, select Purchase components – Buy finished products to make this mode the default for co-manufacturing operations.
Set co-manufacturing procurement for each co-manufacturing location:
- Go to Production → Production settings → Work centers
- If the co-manufacturer box is checked for a work centre, the procurement Mode can be changed. Once a work centre is in use by one or more production BOMs the co-manufacturing procurement mode can no longer be changed.
- Under Mode, select Purchase components – Buy finished products to apply this mode to this co-manufacturing location.
General settings – Production process customisation
Getting started with the Advanced Manufacturing module
Co-manufacturing – Configure co-manufacturing procurement settings
Feature 5: Shopify – New options to control data priority mode when making changes between Shopify and DEAR
Previously to this release, when an action was performed between source and target system (DEAR or Shopify), the source system became by default the Master of data. For example, when DEAR downloaded product data from Shopify, Shopify became the Master of data as it provided the source of the data. When DEAR would list product data in Shopify, DEAR becomes the Master of data. This is not suitable for clients who would prefer to have either Shopify or DEAR be master of data permanently.
With this release, clients can now choose to have either Shopify or DEAR act permanently as Master of data, or keep functioning as is and have master depend on the source system.
- Go to Integration → Shopify→ Integration setup.
- Go to Integration → Shopify→ Integration setup.
- There is a new dropdown option called Master of data. Select from the following options:
- Shopify: DEAR will not modify any existing Shopify product/variant related details, except stock level (if stock level update is enabled). New products/variants can be created with details from DEAR as needed.
- DEAR: Shopify will not modify any existing DEAR product/variant related details. New products can be created with details from Shopify as needed, including intermediate products for duplicate SKU support.
- Source system: The system works as it works now. Any system can modify each other, and current action (download of catalog to DEAR or listing to Shopify) will make the source system the master for that operation, updating existing product details in the target system.
Shopify – Integration settings
Feature 6: Xero improvement – resolved versioning sync issues
Some users integrated with Xero were having sync issues when documents in DEAR were changed during export. With this release, these issues should be resolved and sync should be more reliable and stable.
- Only affects users integrated with Xero.
- No user action is required.