FEATURES: Sales Demand Forecasting,
Feature 1: Sales Demand Forecasting
Sales module, Reports module
Sales Demand Forecasting in DEAR Inventory is an estimate of the quantity of goods and services which will be sold over the forecast period. The estimation is done based on the historical data about actual fulfilled sales, and there are multiple forecast models for the user to select. This report can also be used to view quantities of planned sales (quotes and orders that have not yet been fulfilled) for the forecast period.
Generated forecasts can then be exported and fed into the Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) feature, to make sure forecast and actual sales demand is taken into account when planning future purchasing, transfers, and production.
- This feature will only work if you have a good amount of historical sales data (i.e. 6-12 months+)
- Access the Sales Demand Forecast Report by going to Reports → Sales Reports → Sales Demand Forecast Report.
- Several forecast methods are available to calculate the sales demand forecast. These will calculate the demand in different ways depending on your previous sales. Available models are:
- Last Year to This Year
- Moving Average
- Weighted Moving Average
- Planned Sales
- Forecast Demand can be exported in .csv format and used with the DEAR Material Requirements Planning module. See More information for detailed instructions.
Feature 2: Directed Put Away
Purchase module, Inventory
When receiving stock, many products must be put away to specific bins based on their dimensions or other factors, e.g. dairy products in a refrigerated bin. Some products should be kept in a single bin only, or can be stored in multiple bins. Your organisation may prefer to fill empty bins first, or fill each bin before moving on to the next. Directed Put Away allows you to configure put away rules for your locations and bins, then use these rules to suggest put away locations for received stock.
- Directed Put Away is enabled/disabled at the location level. Go to Settings → Reference Books → Locations and select a location. Use the checkbox to to enable or disable Directed Put Away.
- Use the Bins tab of a location, then select Directed Put Away to configure rules for put away. Click + to add a new rule. Directed Put Away rules can be applied when stock is received to this location. See more information for detailed instructions.
- Directed Put Away rules can be applied when stock is received to a location where Directed Put Away has been enabled. Process a purchase as usual until you get to the Stock Received tab and click Apply Directed Put Away.
Feature 3: Push Notifications for DEAR MES
Applicable to MES application only.
Push notifications are clickable pop-up messages that appear on the user’s device so long as they are online. MES push notifications allow the user to be notified of important events within the application when they are not using it.
- Only applicable to DEAR MES application for Android.
- Push notifications are set up in the MES application in the Settings menu.
- Available notifications:
- Production order is released
- Production operation is started
- Production operation is suspended
- Production operation is resumed
- Output for finished product is completed
- Production order is completed
- Pick for put away is completed
- Put away is completed
Feature 4: Amazon FBA Inbound Shipments improvements
DEAR Fulfillment by Amazon Integration
Inbound shipments (i.e. goods stock transfers from DEAR to FBA location) are managed from this page as a single management point. Users can program inbound shipments, enter box content/pallet content information and print the required box labels and pallet labels so that FBA can properly identify and receive the goods from each inbound shipment order.
- Active FBA integration
- Familiarity with Stock Transfers
See More Information for detailed instructions.
Feature 5: Production improvements
Production module, Reports module
Some small improvements have been made to the production module in this release:
- Finished Products Wastage Report now shows component wastage as well as wastage of finished products.
- Undo, Void, and Mark as Completed can now be applied in bulk to production orders.
- The bulk action options when one or more checkboxes next to production orders are checked (Production → Production Orders).
- NOTE: Nested Orders are not undone, voided, or marked as completed if parent order is undo, voided, or marked as completed with bulk action.