Feature 1: Allocate inventory write-off expenses directly to purchase orders, production runs, assemblies, and stock transfers.
Inventory module, sales module, purchase module, production module
Writing off inventory involves removing the cost of no-value inventory items from the accounting records. Write-off amount is always negative. Before this release, our users would mark a negative entry under a purchase order or other task with an equivalent value to the written off stock. With this release, customers can assign write-off expenses to purchase orders and other tasks directly from the Inventory write-off screen, increasing flexibility and accuracy.
This was requested by our customers who make use of co-manufacturing and who want to stay out of production, providing component stock to a co-manufacturer to receive the finished goods on a PO.
- Users require the user permission Production/Inventory → Inventory Write-Off Tasks to create and edit write off tasks
- Navigate to Inventory write-off → Financials tab
- Click the Expenses button
- Select at least one expense to allocate
- Click the +Allocation button and select what type of task you want to distribute the expenses to: purchase, assembly or stock transfer, or production run.
- Allocate the expenses by selecting the task ID from the dropdown menus and entering the value.
- Save your changes when complete. The cost will be distributed based on the total amount of each product included in the task.
- Once the allocation has been completed, the financial transactions generated will be visible from the Financials tab. These will also be visible in the task where the expense was assigned as a manual journal. These will be also synced with your accounting application next time data is synced.
Inventory write-off – Allocate expenses
Feature 2: Walmart integration
Walmart Marketplace allows third-party sellers to list their items on Walmart’s website. If you’ve sold products on Amazon or eBay, you’ll experience a similar process on Walmart Marketplace. People conduct searches on the site and browse product listings from sellers.
- Delegate access to DEAR/Cin7 Core – see Walmart delegated access authorization.
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret.
- Active Walmart Seller account with admin access to the Walmart Seller Center, with the following configured:
- Shipping profile (allows to add and update the fulfillment centers for free TwoDay delivery setup);
- Financial settings (allows to update payment information and tax forms);
- Users will need the Integration: eCommerce – Walmart Marketplace permission in order to use this feature.
- Currently Cin7 Core supports the Walmart USA Marketplace.
See documentation for detailed instructions.
Walmart Marketplace integration
Feature 3: WMS – Process multiple packages concurrently for a single sale order
Previously to this release, users would have to complete packing one package for a sale order before moving onto the next. If any changes were required in previously completed packages, the user would have to log in to DEAR web portal to edit package contents or undo and redo the entire pack.
With this release, our development team has made the pack process in WMS mirror the process in the web portal. WMS users can now pack multiple packages concurrently for the same sale order, switch between packages, and manage package contents and weight. A minor fix has also been added so that auto-generated package numbers have the same format when generated via WMS application or the web portal.
- WMS application
Please see documentation for detailed instructions.
Using the Warehouse Management System – Picking and packing inventory
Feature 4: Colorado delivery fee tax from Shopify exported to Xero/QBO
Accounts integrated with Shopify and Xero/QBO
Our customers reported an error when syncing to Xero due to processing the Colorado delivery fee tax. When shipping was free, tax total was greater than the line total, which Xero does not allow. With this release an improvement has been made so that the delivery fee is pulled into Cin7 Core as the correct amount with tax exempt rule applied.
- The parameter is visible only for US Shopify store integration. The parameter is not visible for any other regions.
- A new field has been added to the Shopify integration page, Account and cash settings with the name Retail delivery fee account. This is only visible only for US Shopify store integration. Only users doing business in Colorado need to configure this setting.
- Retail delivery fee account is a dropdown field where you can select a liability account to use for retail delivery fee transactions. Retail delivery fee is added as an additional charges line of the sale.
- The Tax-free tax rule mapping specified in Link Shopify and DEAR tax rules is applied to the retail delivery fee.
- While processing the order from Shopify, the system inserts the tax-free rule and selected liability account into the additional charges line for the retail delivery fee.
Shopify – Integration settings
Feature 5: QBO Advanced Plan can now be added to all US region Cin7 Core subscriptions
New customer signup
Previously to this release, customers in the United States had the option to subscribe to the Advanced Plan which constitutes a bundled package of DEAR (now Cin7 core) and QuickBooks Online. With this release, the QBO bundle feature has been extended and is now available to all standard/retailing/manufacturing plan subscribers in the US region.
- Only applicable to US region users. The parameter is not visible for any other regions.
- During signup, renewal, or upgrade of any subscription, users can select to add a QuickBooks Online subscription.
- The QBO account will be created automatically and credentials emailed to the user, however, Cin7 Core (formerly DEAR) and QBO will need to be integrated manually.
NOTE: Users who signed up to the previous QBO Advanced Bundle will be moved to the standard plan with QuickBooks Online Advanced as an added feature. No pricing changes will occur during monthly/annual renewal, however, these customers can now switch to other plans without losing the QuickBooks Online Advanced subscription.