Feature 1: Add existing attachments to sales/purchase emails
Impact area: Sales module, Purchase module
Introduction: Some of our customers require additional product information to be sent to customers with a sales order. For example, the Australian food industry requires product specifications to be sent to customers.
With this release, a new setting has been added which allows the user to add existing attachments for products and suppliers to be added to purchase emails, and existing attachments for products and customers to be added to sale emails.
- Attachments must already be added to products, suppliers, or customers in order for them to be attached to sales/purchase emails.
- Navigate to Settings → General Settings → Sale process customisation and slide Additional email attachments to active.
- During the sale process, click Email to send a sale invoice etc. to the customer. Existing attachments for the products and customers involved in the sale can now be attached.
- Navigate to Settings → General Settings → Purchase process customisation and slide Additional email attachments to active.
- During the purchase process, click Email to send a purchase order etc. to the supplier. Existing attachments for the products and suppliers involved in the purchase can now be attached.
- NOTE: This feature is not available for bulk emails.
More information: Email templates and emailing suppliers/customers
Feature 2: Expense claims and receipt improvements
Impact area: Finance module
Introduction: Our users in China require expense claims to be submitted with detailed receipt information that DEAR did not previously capture. With this release, additional information fields and a receipt # have been added to expense receipts. DEAR has also enabled the printing, emailing, and export of expense receipts and expense claims.
- Configure email template for expense claims/expense claim receipts (to email documents).
- Set up mailing lists (to send bulk emails).
- DEAR now automatically generates a unique number for each receipt originated (Customise receipt # format at Settings → General Settings → Document Numbers).
- Additional fields for Receipt #, Paid Amount, and Due Amount added to Financials → Expense Claims display.
- Document templates have been added for expense claims and expense claim receipts (Customise document templates at Settings → Document and email templates → Financial).
- Expense claims can be printed and emailed in PDF format, and exported in CSV format (go to Financials → Expense Claims to print, email, or export).
- Expense claim receipts can be printed and emailed in PDF format, and exported in CSV format (go to Financials → Receipts to print, email, or export).
More information: Receipts and expense claims
Feature 3: Production BOM for Product Family
Impact area: Production module, Inventory module
Introduction: Product families are used to group together products with similar characteristics but different options, for example colour and size of clothing. Depending on the number of options, there can be a large number of product family variations. Manufacturing a product family requires each variation to have a production BOM, but adding these one by one is inefficient.
Product family production BOM creates a general production BOM for the family (e.g. shirt) but allows other product family variations to be used as components (e.g. fabric). Production BOMs for each variation are auto-generated from the general BOM and the mapping values, saving our users lots of time when preparing production BOMs for many variations at once.
Please see the linked article for detailed information.
More information: Production BOM for product families
Feature 4: Clone Product Family
Impact area: Inventory module
Introduction: DEAR allows you to clone products to speed up the entering of multiple similar products into your inventory. Previously, it was not possible to do the same for a product family. With this release, product families can also be cloned.
Open an existing product family from Inventory → Product Families and click Clone. Enter a new Family SKU and Family Name and click Done to generate the product family. New variations are generated once the cloned product family has been saved.
More information: Product Families
Feature 5: eBay returns now supported
Impact area: eBay integration
Introduction: Previously, DEAR’s eBay integration did not support refunds, the eBay refund would cause an order cancellation in DEAR. With this release, eBay refund will be pushed to DEAR as a credit note with an applied refund.
- Active eBay integration
More information: eBay integration
Performance improvement: HubSpot sync optimisation
Impact area: HubSpot integration
Introduction: DEAR development team have enhanced the performance of export and synchronisation of customers and sales to HubSpot.
- New customers are now exported with existing sales.
- Only sales, customers, and products that have been changed will be synchronised with HubSpot for faster export.
- Active HubSpot integration
More information: HubSpot integration